SafeDip Calibration should be performed once a month. In order to calibrate, a buffer solution is used. This solution is easily made using the buffer packets provided with the original purchase. The buffer solution ensures the accuracy of the Safedip digital reader.
To create a buffer solution, follow these steps:
- Empty entire contents of 1 buffer packet into a cup with 8 oz tap water.
- Stir the solution using a spoon for 20 seconds or until powder is completely dissolved.
**Note additional pH buffer solution can be stored in air-conditioned area for usage for approximately 3 months***
Should you need to order additional pH buffer packets you may do so at https://shop.solaxx.com/product-category/digital-chemistry-readers/safedip-digital-chemistry-reader-parts/
To calibrate, follow these steps:
- Turn ON the SafeDip
- Immerse the probes completely into the cup with buffer solution.
- Gently swirl the probes to remove possible gas bubbles on the probe tip
- With the probe in the solution, press and hold the CAL button for more than 3 seconds and the 7.0 value will be displayed. Release the button and the 7.0 value will blink. Press CAL button again and thewill then be displayed until calibration is finished.
- After the calibration is completed, the will be displayed along with the calibration value of 7.0. While the 7.0 value is blinking, press at any time to abort.